Our variety of the Organic-Chocolate
Whether dark or light Organic- Chocolate - with us you will find everything your heart desires. But in our store you not only have the choice between low or high cocoa content, but you may also decide between classic Chocolate or bars with added fruit. And you can consider whether you would prefer to enjoy the Chocolate as a piece or treat yourself with a Hot Chocolate want to spoil yourself. Here in the online store, there is a candy to suit every taste. But no matter which one you choose, our Organic-Chocolate has been produced in all cases according to the guidelines of the Organic certification and produced under ecological aspects - so the Indulgence is even easier for you.
Chocolats-de-luxe.com GmbH is also certified (DE-ÖKO-007) as an online retailer. Only those who are -certified are allowed to sell organic products. We can trace the organic products back to their origin (e.g. a retail store on the street corner cannot). Organic Organic
By the way:
Designations such as Organic, ÖKO or Organic are legally protected for food products in the EU. Only companies registered with control organizations are allowed to label goods accordingly and sell them as Organic.
At present, however, more and more chocolatiers and manufacturers are foregoing certification of their cocoa beans!
Even if the products are still produced according to Organic-conform standards (and the chocolatiers and manufacturers attach importance to this), the effort to get the beans customs registered in South America or Africa, for example, is enormous.
- The producer/cocoa farmer must declare in the country of departure that he would like to export Organic-cocoa beans,
- the local Organic certification or inspection body must confirm that it really is Organic-cocoa beans,
- this confirmation must be submitted to the departure country customs and registered and noted in the "Traces" computer system for Organic products,
- the paper document on Organic status must accompany the goods,
- Customs at European ports of entry must also be "Traces" certified (not all EU ports/airports are so far) for Customs to confirm the import of Organic goods.
- Only if customs confirms the import as Organic it may be declared as Organic in the EU,
- The issued certificate must accompany the goods and must be kept in the consignee for the annual audit of the Organic office, where it must be proved that the goods were declared and sold according to the Organic regulations.
And if then only somewhere or in any country "a check mark was forgotten" to set, the Organic produced product may not be declared any more as "Organic".
In addition, of course, "each stamp" is associated with costs, annual fees of the control organizations, fees for unannounced inspections, which can take place several times a year (with costs in the five-digit range) and, of course, the various documentation requirements with corresponding personnel and time expenditure have meanwhile persuaded smaller chocolatiers as well as larger chocolatiers (such as Bonnat or Pralus in France) to do without the labeling as Organic product in the future.
As Chocolats-de-luxe we are one of the established companies in the industry and as an online store we are legally obliged - even though we do not produce ourselves - to be Organic certified (DE-ÖKO-007). And we are also audited annually. Therefore, we can very well understand the "bellyache" of the producers and manufacturers.
Since we know the European and international market very well, we notice that the market for Organic or other "labels" like Fairtrade, UTZ or Rainforest Alliance exists mainly in Germany. Other European countries are less "label oriented".
On this page you will find all Organic chocolates in our current assortment. Use the filter on the left to filter out the matching Organic chocolates.
We speak english